If, unlike me, you have the ability to plan ahead, here are a few events this weekend that might get you out and about in Berkeley:
- Art, music and wine: The latest in BAM/PFA’s series of “late” night Friday events. The art galleries stay open until 9 p.m., there’s a DJ in the lobby, beer and wine are for sale, and there are a number of special art performances. Kicks off at 5 p.m.
- Did you know there was a Scrum Axe? Cal’s men’s rugby team, perennially one of the best in the nation, takes on Stanford at Witter Rugby Field at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
- Some fans have already started screaming: Watching my Berkeley Twitter feed, there’s a lot of excitement in a certain demographic that Nick Jonas (above) is doing a concert at Zellerbach Auditorium on Saturday at 6 p.m.
- From the Dairy State: If your musical tastes are more, say, mature, you’ll probably prefer “folk music’s funniest folks”, Lou and Peter Berryman, playing at the Freight & Salvage at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
- Let’s keep Darwin year going: At Tilden Botanic Garden you can learn about some of the endangered and threatened species of the Bay Area and how we can help their survival. From 10:30 to noon on Sunday.
If you’re curious about other events in Berkeley, you can always check the events calendar on Berkeleyside.
Photo of Nick Jonas by Sam Borowski from Flickr