The church held its first service in a private home on Camino Real in 1908, and moved to its current building on Claremont Boulevard at Russell in 1909, according to the Claremont and Elmwood Neighborhood Association (CENA).
Wood shingled in redwood with a steep pitched roof, it was designed by architect Willis Jefferson Polk in the English country church tradition. Its stained glass windows were crafted by the Judson Studios in Los Angeles. The church’s community building was added in 1927, designed by Benjamin McDougall.
The book, “St Clement’s Episcopal Church: Our First 100 years 1908-2008” is available for sale at the church and in local book stores.
For information on CENA, visit their website.