The Top 10 Most Popular Posts*:
- Saul Perlmutter wins Nobel Prize — and a coveted Cal parking permit
- Urban think tank: Student visions for blighted Telegraph Avenue lot
- Outbreak of mumps on campus prompts vaccination clinics
- Northbrae named one of nation’s Top 10 great neighborhoods
- Police blotter: Recent crime in Berkeley
- Crush time at Berkeley’s Donkey & Goat winery
- Family of murder victim visits Berkeley looking for answers
- Berkeley food programs short on funds even as demand rises
- Berkeley introduces parking boots for repeat offenders
- Closure of Berkeley High gym rattles athletes, angers parents
This week, Berkeleyside introduced two new initiatives for our readers. The All The News grid allows you to see all Berkeleyside’s stories in one place. Inspired the the New York Times Skimmer, it is easy to use and helps you catch up on articles you may have missed. And we published our first Podcast. Produced by veteran radio broadcaster John Rieger, it takes on a big Berkeley issue: bumper stickers.
Another first this week: nobody could find the answer to our Where in Berkeley competition — at least not until Friday after we had provided another clue!
And we’re delighted to report that Sarah Henry’s story on money shortages at the Berkeley Food Pantry prompted support from the community, including some donations and offers of future food drives. Of course they still need more help — visit Berkeley Food Pantry to donate.
To be sustainable, Berkeleyside needs diverse revenue streams. Please consider supporting Berkeleyside. Just as you might subscribe — or formerly have subscribed — to a favorite newspaper to keep up with your community news, you can become a voluntary paying subscriber to Berkeleyside, for as little as $5 or $10 a month. Click here to make a donation online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up recurring credit-card transactions through our PCI-compliant payment gateway. Email us for a mailing address if you prefer to send a check. Thank you.
* Calculated by counting up number of pageviews, comments, Facebook “likes” and retweets.