“Andre brings the perspective of having been involved in a lot of startups over the years, and the perspective from the university,” said Berkeleyside’s Lance Knobel. “Part of the challenge for Berkeley in terms of fostering more startup activity is building the right links between the university and the local business environment.”
Marquis will join the following panelists:
- David Hyman, founder and CEO of streaming music service MOG
- Will Wright, creator of The Sims and founder of Stupid Fun Club
- June Taylor, founder of jam and marmalade company The Still Room
- Judith Iglehart, chief of staff for Mayor of Berkeley
- Rauly Butler, senior VP Retail Banking for Mechanics Bank
- Kalimah Priforce founder of Qeyno Labs
The Berkeleyside Local Business Forum 2012 is organized in partnership with Mechanics Bank, and is sponsored by GreenerPrinter and Autodesk. Updates on the Forum are posted regularly on the Startup Berkeley Forum Facebook page and on Twitter (#BerkForum).
When: Monday March 5th, 7:00- 9:00 pm. Doors open at 6:00 pm (time before and after for networking).
Where: Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse, 2020 Addison Street in downtown Berkeley. Refreshments, including beer and wine, available to purchase.
Buy tickets: $10 ($5 for students and seniors), available through Brown Paper Tickets.
New arrival from Brooklyn joins Startup Berkeley panel [02.14.12]
Autodesk signs up for Startup Berkeley forum [02.13.12]
Berkeley for startups: Perfect spot or brain drain in action? [02.09.12]
Berkeley Mayor’s Chief of Staff joins Startup Forum panel [02.08.12]
Announcing: Berkeleyside Local Business Forum 2012: Startup Berkeley [02.07.12]
Five steps to make Berkeley a high-tech Mecca [03.13.11]