1) Report concludes city would benefit if police use Tasers
The police have had this report for two years, but only made it public this week after Berkeleyside filed a public records request.
2) Sex offender arrested after grabbing 3-year old near campus
A parent’s worst nightmare. Fortunately, the perpetrator was arrested.
3) Mayor proposes regional minimum wage
Tom Bates doesn’t want East Bay cities to compete on this issue.
4) Kosher winery leaves Napa for Berkeley
As if we needed any more proof that the wine and food scene here is hot, hot, hot.
5) Berkeley volunteer redefines Good Samaritanism
There is selfless, and then there is this guy who works with the homeless. Be humbled.
Find all Berkeleyside’s recent articles in our “All the News” section.
Do you rely on Berkeleyside for your local news? You can support us by becoming a Berkeleyside Member. Choose either a monthly payment or a one-time contribution. Help make your independent local news source sustainable for the long term.