By far the biggest splash this week was the news that Target will be opening a small city store in downtown Berkeley. But this week also had thousands of readers poring over the latest on the so-called soda tax; questions about perceived overcrowding at Berkeley schools; continued debate about whether our police force should have Taser guns; and our report on an “alcohol-alternative” bar coming to town.
Here are the 5 stories from last week that you won’t want to miss:
- Target to open small city store in downtown Berkeley
- Squeeze at Berkeley schools a result of state-mandated transitional kindergarten classes
- Judge changes Berkeley “soda tax” ballot language
- City of Berkeley solicits Taser study; anti-Taser group holds forum
- An alcohol-free bar for Berkeley and a new speakeasy in Alameda
Find all Berkeleyside’s recent articles in our “All the News” section.
Do you rely on Berkeleyside for your local news? You can support us and benefit from membership perks by becoming a Berkeleyside Member. Help make your independent local news source sustainable for the long term.