Eleven bars and restaurants are set to host events from 1-5 p.m., organizers say, including Perdition Smokehouse and Triple Rock Brewery. Other participating venues include Beta Lounge, BUILD Pizzeria, Bobby G’s Pizzeria, Eureka! burger, East Bay Spice Company, FIVE Restaurant & Bar, La Botella Republic, Revival Bar + Kitchen and Sliver Pizzeria.
The Downtown Berkeley Association organized the free event: “Whether you love or hate this notorious holiday, CupidCon will lift your spirits with the best drink specials downtown Berkeley has to offer.”
Just check in at the Downtown Berkeley BART plaza from 1-2:30 p.m. to pick up your official wristband and scavenger hunt list. Directions for scavenger hunt participation appear below. (NB: Check-in is required to receive drink specials but participation is free.)
Use your wristband to get drink specials from locations on the map, then head to Build at 5 p.m., “where one of our cupids will tally up your scavenger hunt pics and prizes will be awarded for best costume. If you’ve captured everything on the list, you’ll win a gift certificate to one of the participating bars – while supplies last.” One gift certificate will be awarded per team.
The event promises a “Cupid-themed costume contest sponsored by Yelp.” A themed photo scavenger hunt completes the afternoon. Those who want to dress up are encouraged to “dress in pink, hearts or even a full cupid costume.”
Berkeleyside’s interactive map appears below, along with drink specials in a list beneath it. Scroll down to see a video, from Quirkeley, about the event.
Drink special details
- Beta Lounge: $5 “Heartache” (vodka, muddled raspberries, lemon juice, club soda), $1 off draft beers, $5 glasses of wine
- BUILD Pizzeria: Happy Hour prices ($3 selected beers, $5 selected wines, $6 selected cocktails, $8.80 all signature cocktails), Valentine’s HIS and HER cocktail special
- Bobby G’s Pizzeria: $1 off all beers and glasses of wine; $2 off pitchers; 20% off all bottles of wine
- Eureka!: $2 off all draft and bottled beer (except rotating and $3 handles), $2 off all wine, $2 off Buffalo Trace cocktails and Fugu Vodka by Ballast Point cocktails (excludes signature cocktails)
- East Bay Spice Company: $9 Valentine’s Day cocktails, $1 off select draft beer
- FIVE Restaurant & Bar: $9 Valentine’s Day cocktails – “Change of Heart” (gin, blackberry shrub, apricot brandy, lavender syrup), “Bleeding Heart Daiquiri” with blood orange & kiwi shrub, “Tokyo Rose” (sake, raspberry puree, lime juice, pomegranate)
- La Botella Republic: $6 “True Love” sangria, $6 “Michelada con Amor”
- Perdition Smokehouse: $1 off all beers, $1 off wine by the glass
- Revival Bar + Kitchen: $1 off special Valentine’s Day cocktails
- Sliver Pizzeria: 20% off all drinks (meaning $4 beer, $4.80 glasses of wine, $5 cocktails)
- Triple Rock Brewery: $1 off special Valentine’s Day beer – Dimmer Switch Chocolate Milk Stout
Scavenger hunt details:
- Pick up a bar crawl map that includes the scavenger hunt list from Berkeley BART Plaza from 1-2:30 p.m.
- Upload pics to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and tag them with the hashtags #BerkCupidCon and #TeamYourTeamName
- Meet at Build at 5 p.m. to tally your pics and claim your gift certificate. One gift certificate per team while they last.
Costume contest details:
- Take a photo of your costume or your team costumes
- Upload your pics to Twitter or Instagram and tag them with @YelpEastBay and the hashtags #BerkCupidCon and #YourTeamName
- Meet at Build at 5 p.m. to learn the winner
- Yelp Goodie bag and Elite Event tickets awarded to individual or team with best costume
Bites: More breweries to open; B-Side BBQ closes (02.06.15)
The best bets for SF Beer Week (including Valentine’s Day) in the East Bay (02.04.15)
Philip Gelb: Popping up vegan in West Berkeley (01.08.15)
Couples say ‘I do’ in Berkeley Valentine’s Day celebration (02.18.14)
Berkeley to celebrate Valentine’s Day with mass wedding (02.10.14)
I-House honors gay couple as equality fight unfolds in DC (03.28.13)
Mating newts at UC Botanical Garden a stimulating sight (02.14.13)
For Valentine’s Day: Berkeley love blooms at the theater (02.14.13)
Perfect for Valentine’s Day: Rosewater cupcakes (02.12.13)
Where in Berkeley? Valentine’s Special (02.14.12)
Nosh has launched Nosh Weekly, a free weekly email that will keep you bang up-to-date on all the delicious food, drink and restaurant news in the East Bay. Sign up here.
"*" indicates required fields