As we wind down for the holidays and draw close to the end of 2015, Berkeleyside would like to wish all our readers a happy and peaceful few days of relaxation.
We would also like to remind our readers that everything you read on Berkeleyside, every story we report, every Facebook post and Twitter alert, be it breaking news or a heartwarming tale, is brought to you for free.
Become a Berkeleyside member now and you’ll be entered to win one of four $75 gift certificates to eat at Comal or The Advocate!
If you value the service Berkeleyside provides you as an independently run, local news business, we ask you to support us by becoming a member, or increasing your current contribution as an existing member.
Every day, our dedicated five-person team brings you breaking news, investigative stories and lively features about Berkeley. Think about all the things you wouldn’t know if Berkeleyside did not exist, and everything you’ve read on Berkeleyside in just the last year:
- Comprehensive reporting on the Library Gardens balcony collapse
- Inside info on planning battles, including more than 30 stories on Harold Way
- Unmatched coverage of local arts, food, and crime
- And more, from Berkeley High protests to naked tree-huggers to monarch butterflies
We need your help to continue our round-the-clock coverage. During this giving season, we hope you’ll consider how valuable Berkeleyside is to our community. Please become a Berkeleyside member today, and join hundreds of your neighbors in supporting great local coverage.
As a Berkeleyside member, you’ll get benefits including:
- Free guest passes to members-only events
- Deep discounts on tickets to many events, including our annual Uncharted: Berkeley Festival of Ideas
- Invitations to our annual members’ party
Please become a member now. We look forward to welcoming you on board!
Happy Holidays from the Berkeleyside team: Wendy Cohen, Frances Dinkelspiel, Lance Knobel, Emilie Raguso, Tracey Taylor and Kate Williams.