Courtesy of our friends at the ever-reliable 510 Families, here is a round-up of Halloween activities and outings in the East Bay where Jedi Knights and Cleopatra will be more than welcomed.
Decorate a Pumpkin (Berkeley)
Decorate a pumpkin in the Art Studio!
Where: Habitot Children’s Museum
When: 10/31 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.mm
Montclair Village Halloween Parade
Trick-or-treating hosted by local merchants after the parade
Where: In front of Bank of America, Montclair Village
When: 3 p.m.
Hilltop Mall Trick or Treating (Richmond)
At participating merchants throughout the mall. For children in costume, 13 years or younger. (No masks, please!)
Where: Hilltop Mall
When: 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Halloween Community Parade (Berkeley)
Parade, costume contest and treats.
Where: Frances Albrier Auditorium, San Pablo Park
When: Starts at 3 p.m.
Halloween on Solano
Trick-or-treating from 3-5 p.m. at participating merchants followed by costume contest.
Where: Church on the corner
When: 5 -6 p.m. for contest
House of Screams (Berkeley)
MLK Jr Youth Services Center presents a haunted house for kids 7 and up. FREE
Where: Grove Park in Berkeley
When: 6-9:30 p.m.
Temescal Trick or Treating (Oakland)
Merchants open their doors to trick or treaters
Where: Telegraph Avenue in Temescal District
When: 4 to 6 p.m
Berkeley’s Fourth Street Shops Halloween Celebration
More than 65 merchants will be giving out candy/toys. Participating merchants will have pumpkin at their door. Free activities include:
- BUBBLE SHOW by Sterling the Bubblesmith ~ Remarkable hand-blown bubbles by Sterling Johnson with over 45 years experience. A joyous and festive experience of awe.
- SCARY HAIR BOOTH by Keter Salon ~ Professional staff from Keter Salon will be on the street to give you spooky, scary hair with spiderwebs, creepy crawlies and wash-out color.
- FACE PAINTING by Dinnie’s Delights ~ Made to order designs with sparkle!
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS by Photolab ~ A tradition on Fourth Street, Photolab will commemorate your fun day with a free photo sent via email.
- FUN FISHIN’ at Rabat (1825 Fourth Street) ~ Toss the fishing poll in and see what you get!
- PUP PARADE at George (1824C Fourth Street) ~ Join us at the shop for treats and beverages at 3PM then we parade at 3:30PM.
- PUMPKIN PAINTING at Market Hall Foods (1786 Fourth Street) More details >
Where: Berkeley’s Fourth Street
When: From 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Halloween
Got a baby too young for Halloween? Here’s a stroller walk that shows off Berkeley’s best decorated streets: Russell Street in Claremont (celebration ends at 8:30 p.m.) then visit the amazing pumpkins on Ashby and Piedmont; travel north and stroll along Josephine Street between Cedar and Rose, then make your way to Mariposa Avenue … one of Berkeley’s loveliest tree-lined streets.
Keep up with the many more neighborhood Halloween parties and celebrations on the 510 Families calendar!
Do you rely on Berkeleyside for local news? Support independent journalism by becoming a Berkeleyside member for $10 a month or even less, or by making a one-time donation.